Thursday 24 November 2016

Day 2: Happy Thanksgiving!

Good evening, my friends!

Last night's sleep was a bit of a struggle... We aimed to sleep at 11pm but in reality, lights were out at 1:30am. I was busy editing the blog post and making an itinerary for Kerri to see. I didn't sleep a wink until 5:30am

I would like to wear this all day, everyday, like those crazy old people

I was delirious by this point... 

At 3:30am, Char and I both gave up and decided to listen to some hilarious guided meditation music. After an hour we concluded that all it did was make us giggle, so I played some classical music. Almost immediately, Char fell asleep, damnit. I was alone, awake, trying to resist reading and texting people from home (I failed the latter). 

Funniest meditation I have ever listened to


I set an alarm at 8:30am, which came waaaay to soon, so Char and I could go on a tour around Verona, NJ. Char decided to sleep in, understandably, but I knew it would be bad for combating jet lag. For breakfast we had donuts while watching the Thanksgiving Parade?????????? Awesome. 


Am I autumn-y enough???


Cute windows at Kerri's :D 

....... Classic Char

Big mistake-- I found out how the filters on Snapchat work... the rest of my day was filled with this

Donuts yaaaaaaaas <3

Very impressed by the parade, apparently.
Smiling naively, before realising how cold it is outside 

Imitating the double chin ad we just saw on CBS

Groovy Charlie

Kerri showed us some gorgeous areas, I felt like I was in a family-holiday movie, based in the suburbs... It was the cutest. 

idk it looks like Christmas, I took a million photos

Yeh IK in all my photos, there's the black corner, it's my iPhone 6 + cover over my iPhone 7 +, woe is me. 

Swans you ride over the reservoir

Ayyyyyye actual Americans playing football yus

Cool Sheriff car :)

Feel the 'murican 

It started to rain in 1ÂșC.......... I was the only one w/o a hoody........ Poor Char has to listen to me whine for 6 weeks for similar incidences like this 

They commemorated a dog for 9/11


Funky tour guide (BEST tour guide, mind you)

idk cool gazebo I wanted to dance in it but it was waaaaaaay too cold.

The shops have started to make Christmasy/wintery theme displays woo 

Important roads in NJ

Doggo


This is Max, Kerri's dog. Kerri has this on the back of her car, but no traditional My Family stickers. Max is super little and cute. And apparently precious enough to be stickerified onto her car.

Appreciating the swanky trees

Fire-red trees (not coming up as red on my screen, unfortunately)

Char and I will take a walk around here soon, before it's too cold and dark. So far, sun sets at 4:30, a weird contrast to Aust's really late sunsets. 

Idk rangers woo

The view of the city

Cold and colder

fave pic from the entire day (Kerri, you're a wonderful photographer!!)

:D :D :D

I love American trees just so you know

Verrrrrry important N. Indian road based in NJ


It was surreal to sit in the wrong side of the car, and watch Kerri overtake in the slow lane. Traffic lights are cooler over here, too, btw. 



Pretty church + wreaths on lamp posts 

The school the boys go to (the same place Walter went, interestingly)


We came home, and Thanksgiving Dinner was served at 1:30pm. Perfect timing, IMO. Charlotte and I ate a lot of cheese and crackers beforehand, oopsies. That made the whole feast a struggle, but oooooh well. BTW: American Turkey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Australian Turkey. Kerri and Walter were really interested in our post- high school plans, which is what we talked about most of the dinner. We discussed Charlotte following her dreams and becoming a comedian-- now she has to show K+W her HSC monologue!!! They seemed eager to watch it.

Cheeeeeeese

Too much before the feast, however.



Dinner om nom nom


After the feast, Char and I were in a food-coma. We began to watch the 600 episodes of Simpsons Marathon, but withholding jetlag sleepiness and the food coma = the worst attention span of all time. It's been 2 years since I deleted snapchat, but I've redownloaded it for the trip... during this post-feast blurghiness, I became the most basic white girl there ever was. Charlotte took a bloody nap, which was not good, since it was around 5pm and would totally stuff up her sleep schedule. 

Super full after the feast!

I found it




Never let me onto snapchat ever again


Char thought she could lecture me on feminism...............

seriously somebody please delete the app from my phone look what has become of us

......... I had to, okay? Gobble gobble

and here it is, the final disgrace from today

By this point I saw that it was a decent time to call people from home, which entailed a lovely 1hr Skype sesh with Miss Hayley, and later a shorter chat with Emily. Kerri surprised us with the BEST Apple, and Pumpkin Pies. The photo's I took weren't that great; but trust me... YUM x a million. 

Ayyyyyyye Hayley + pie = best afternoon

This model is looking for an agent, just sayin'. 

Pieeeeeeee <3 


 

Char watching TVD while I called Emily

She voluntarily posed like that



The best Calypso noise you will ever hear at the end is something I thought I should share with the world (ps I didn't realise until now that I dramatically zoomed in on poor Char's boob, sorry Char)

Today was no where near as eventful as the previous blog post, but I'm pretty tired so there's no really funny captions I can create. Thanksgiving was quaint and cute, and I shall finish it off by reading a book then watching a few classic Thanksgiving Friends episodes. EDIT; I JUST FINISHED WRITING THIS AT 9:30... I AM WAY TO EXHAUSTED FOR THAT.

Charlotte has uploaded her new vlogs, so check them out if you prefer videos rather than my jibber jabber. 

Just a heads up: if you comment on a blog post as anonymous, Charlotte and I don't know who you are (we can guess but it's a little hard). To those who did in the last post, thank you for the kind words!

We hope your non-Thanksgivingy day was just as peaceful,

From Calypso

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you ❤�� im so jealous of your pies heheh from -A
Jks hayley x

Unknown said...

Wow where did you get the time to do all these blogs, love them :-)

Post a Comment