Sunday 27 November 2016

Day 4: Pizza Tour

Today was awful, ngl.

I loved the Pizza Tour. Getting home sucked. 




I have finally gotten over jetlag, yay!! Now to be able to sleep <3

This morning I saw heaps of squirrels jumping around-- holy crap, those things can jump.



John Bender, is that you?


Do you see the squirrel?? :D


Char and I had a lovely walk down to the bus stop. Our bus was 30 mins late so it wasn't fun to sit in the cold for that long.









Catching a coach to the citaaay


The ride to New York was soothing-- I fell asleep a bunch of times. Okay maybe I'm not over the jetlag.

We were the last ones there for the tour, oops. The tour guide was super friendly and funny, and had a lot of goss to share to us. We visited the famous Grimaldi's, and another Sicilian family owned restaurant. As we passed Brooklyn sites, the tour guide would show where from the movie it was from or give us some interesting facts. I wasn't expecting so much content, tbh I was there for the pizza, but it was still pretty cool. Char and I had a competition to see who could slip in "mate" the most in their conversations throughout the day-- I think I won? We didn't count. It was just funny to do. The tour guide kept calling the pizza's, "pies"... very confusing. We sat next to 2 older German ladies, who were very friendly. They liked to share all there food with us, which was nice (I didn't take any, though). It was a pretty long tour-- 11am-3:15pm. 

In our first taxi 



At the back of the bus


Tour guide was very funny

Brooklyn Bridge






PHOTOSHOOT LIVE OOOOOH




Manhattan is behind 

I was pointing to Lady Lib











Manhattan


Brooklyn Bridge





I had enough of modelling for the day

Just kidding... one last pose



The competition






We also got to meet the owners-- that was pretty cool. This was the better pizza (sauce and cheese wise). 






Ayyyye Vince Vaughn <3 <3

The second pizzeria we visited


Pizza made the Italian way-- cheese before sauce

tbh it tasted like kid's party food (I felt like getting a mini party pie)



The entry AND exit to the bathroom-- impossible to fit through

More famous people who visited the second restaurant

Coney Island!!











Done w the traditional poses


Need to see both sides of this masterpiece (me)

Besides Char's face, this turned out pretty well!!

She wanted to pose on the gate..?


Glamour

Subway time!!










Getting home was the sucky part. With no data or clue on how to return, we tried to use a map. I'm very good with a map, but the map we had only had like 5 streets annotated-- which is insane for a place like New York City. It took us 1.5hrs to get to the bus station. I would've made it but Char refused to run like an idiot (like ma'self). I ended up walking 45 freaking blocks, and to better your context, 15 blocks is considered a lot. Anymore, and you just opt for the subway. Or a cab (like I wanted), especially in the cold.

The lady in front was nice but thought we were Irish




Also, Charlotte saw this guy right next to her while walking down 8th Ave-- Victor Garber


We missed the 4:15pm, so I bought a new iPhone case (finally) from a stall next to the ticket area. He said I am like a banker bc I take so long to count my notes. Well SOoorooOROry if all the notes are green and I can't tell the difference unless I read them closely. Anyway, say goodbye to my annoying photos with the black corner-- so helllooooooo to qualitaaay.



The bus driver on the way back was super rude and rolled his eyes at everybody. Sometimes, even though the buzzer rang, he ignored the stop and claimed there wasn't one (I have photographic proof that it was, for this route-- absolutely ridiculous). Anyways, in the autumn/almost winter where we are, it's dark by 4:30. So at 5:30, it was pretty much pitch black. I was looking out for ages (like 20 mins), and saw our stop (the fire station), but Char said it's the first (of two) one, and to stay on. So we did. Until it reached it's terminal. In the middle of nowhere. I asked the bus driver for help and he rolled his eyes. We hopped off the bus and I made a game plan: Call Em (the au pair).

But why couldn't I just call Kerri or Walter?

Oh, because they were at the lake house.

This all happened with perfect timing, right???

You know what made it better? 

Charlotte's international phone wouldn't turn on. 

So we walked back over to the bus, and I begged for him to let me use his phone. Eventually he said yes (with another freaking eye roll). There was a shop nearby and I bought Em some flowers + chocolates as a thank you for saving us while we were "ages away". We went to some bread restaurant for dinner then home.

mmmmm dat post- eating snap (any food pics are basically for my mum, she likes to see all the dishes as an avid foodie)




This post isn't super interesting to read about; I'm pretty much done with today. Being lost in NYC, then stranded in New Jersey............. oooooooooh I hated it. I should've ran for that early bus, and hopped off when I saw the freaking stop like I said. 

I got home, ate and showered really quickly, and now I've retired to bed. I did Char's and my laundry, so I'm officially done with today. Tomorrow I'll probably treat myself to a few books/go to the library or go to the nail salon (oooooor both). As an introvert, I'm feeling really, really run down, and need a day to recuperate. Stay inside. Chill by myself for a little. Char is downstairs rn watching How to Be Single, with Em.

I'm sure your day was better than mine (for the most part),

From Calypso.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that despite the bus home "hiccup" when you're feeling refreshed you'll look back on this day and remember it fondly ��. I just have one question though ... did you find Zoltar at Coney Island?

Unknown said...

Pizza is best in Australia!

Post a Comment