Monday 5 December 2016

Day 12: The Lake House

The actual journey itself was way more interesting then the actual lake house. (I experienced emotionally confronting events that lead to new understan-)

I would show a better pic but the floor is a mess 

I almost cried bc my foundation made a nipple on my new top :(((((((((((((((((( it's k my hair covered it



Kerri and Walter's lake house is located in another state, Pennsylvania, in a private, gated community, situated near the Bible Belt of America.

Along the trip, we made 2 stops. 1 was in Lafayette, an old French town with nothing but antique stores. It was adorable and we spent almost 2hrs there, just looking around... eating Goat's Chocolate (somebody please take me back, it was like Haigs + Body Shop but French and antique-y and hella expensive). I bought Hayley's present in here, mwahahah. Hopefully she'll like it. I would've bought the whole town if I could.




Cuties 

Ah finally, shirts that suit my personality


Buy me all for $200 ty 

Me as a shirt

Goat

Puggo

Appreciated

Cute bean

Hayley would your dad like some

I had to get a lady help me pick there was too much going on

Nice lady handing out smores made of peanut (honey coated) and caramel 

For mum

Oink oink

FAVE

Sugar free no ty

I dove into them immediately


Oh me?????? hi


I..... dk


I have other pics but the books interested me sorry



Kerri pointed these out to me 







Rare photos of a nonchalant Calypoo



mm fave

Char's mummy pls look away 

OH ME?????? hi




I was gonna get some but screw you guys, I've already bought 25 post cards 












What I'm thinking: "If I buy this, can I recreate Rocky Horror authentically?" 

vibes

vibes again

MM yes

Explain this machine

Rhino helped Char out of the car, cutie.

Before I spilled them everywhere 



Loved this



Idol



It's v hard to see the Southern Hem w these things 








Antique toys no ty


Buy it for me, it's a necessity 





If you listened to this video, I'll explain the story later





The second place we stopped over was Milford. We stumbled across this old, rustic diner that we thought was a bar (because that's what the front was), but this friendly Italian guy came out and welcomed us in to the back, where the fireplace and Christmas tree were. Oh, and he gave the boys gifts. He was the best. There was also a lady dressed up like an 1800's can-can woman. She was nice. The whole service was great and they took photos for me. There food was the bestest. They had slightly southern accents and when I asked for water they were like ???? "wor-tah? OOOOh water". Something embarrassing happened while I was there but they were nice and made me forget bc wow kindness. 




Preview of our Christmas Card photoshoot 


Brunch at 2pm

Forks vibes just sayin





When we finally made it to the lake house at 3ish, we ended up staying for 10 mins then leaving. A creepy thing did occur though; when we arrived in this super guarded are a, Kerri noticed the driveway had been swept (but by who??????) and the front door was open. Thankfully, no murderers or bears (ACTUAL threat, my friends) were inside. Their lake was freezing (snow is expected in a week- woohoo!!) and the only threat in there are snapping turtles. Cuuuute.





























On the way back, we stopped quickly for some shopping before heading home. Everybody returning from NYC to Penn were in a massive traffic jam, there was about 5 (or more) ambulances. Yay we were heading the other way. Funny story: Kerri kept saying "cmon guys it's getting late" and I was like ?????? k, but at the end of the day she checked her phone and realised her watch was an hour ahead. Oops. It was funny to me, you had to be there.


Cute hats that the kids eventually got

Trey in Charlotte prison bc the boys wouldn't stop kicking each other (Ryan was in Calypso prison)

For my brother

We know what Char wants

Prison 

Kosher Ice

That's where the Lake House is: Lords Valley. Yeah. I know.


Candid or what





Cheeky monkey





Visiting the creek and bridge near the French antique store from this morning

FYI I didn't wanna look like a marshmallow for once so I wore 1 layer in 4ยบ (peak) all day be thankful look at me


I FOUND OUT MY FAVE AUTHOR (Cassandra Clare) IS IN NYC THE DAY I GET BACK FROM FLORIDA BUT IT'S AT NIGHT AND I SHAN'T BE WALKING AROUND TSWIZZ'S NEIGHBOURHOOD AT NIGHT NO TY SO :((((((( 

We got home, I showered, I organised and confirmed all my Florida plans (not going to Disney apparently oh well travel agent failed me again dun dunnnn). It's almost 1am, and I'm just catching up on my list of things to do (laundry woowoo) while writing my blog post. Today I've pretty much eaten lunch and that's it. It's cool, I had a few (3, just in case you didn't know-- Loz, Hayley............) of the salted caramel Goat's Chocolate pieces.

I want 800


You can literally see the salt yuuuuum

(Photo was taken down after Char said she looked like a "druggo")
Sad from Florida screw up

Nothing to do with my trip but this is an all time fave book of mine and I really loved that they did this (it's somewhere in NYC, I'll find it)


I need another day to just read tyvm. I miss reading.


I'm still having nasty allergic reactions (like throat swelling, the casual inability to breathe, y'know) more often, but I don't know what's causing it time and time again. I've blamed the horses, the cherries, the cinnamon......... I'm just chilling here and apparently my body isn't up for breathing rn (rude). Idk maybe's it's Kerri's dog (Maxie <3 <3 <////3). Pls hope or pray or whatever that I will be g to breathe soon. That'd be nice. Or give me money for books. That'd be nice too.

Tomorrow is just getting to the hotel near JFK, and prepping for Florida. So far I've been in 3 states, and counting.

I hope you're all well, I miss most of you (I miss my bed and bookshelves the most, sorry),

From Calypso (who's not keen to go on another flight soon).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg i love all the stores they look amazing!!!! And the novelty maple syrup is cute too ☺ -H

Post a Comment