Friday 23 December 2016

Day 31: Gossip Girl Tour

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was fabulous!! Well worth the money for a 3hr tour, with plenty of stops. The choice of the hop offs were AMAZING! I won't type much (edit: I lied), as the photos show the true highlights for today.

I woke up and started to get ready at 5:30am. Had a fun lil chat w Walter, he couldn't believe there was such a tour! Then we discussed 9/11. Then I got ready. Woowoo.

We made it in time for the bus, and once we got to the terminal we walked to The Palace (meeting place for GG Tour), Serena's home in the first season or so.

The order in which we saw things was: 


  1. Serena's House
  2. Coffee shops
  3. Madison Ave shops (more business than 5th Ave, I had no idea!)
  4. Constance/ St Jude's (which is actually two sets that they made into one, one was a church, the other was a museum that I just passed yesterday, never realised ahah)
  5. Nate's house 
  6. The Met (beware, we took a LOT of pics here!)
  7. Central Park/Duck Pond
  8. Empire Hotel
  9. Dylan's Candy Store (BEST STOP EVER!!!!)
  10. Empire State Building 
  11. The Plaza
  12. Columbus Circle 
  13. Henri Bendel (where Blair got most of her outfits, particularly headbands) and Harry Winston (WHERE CHUCK BOUGHT THE ENGAGEMENT RING AND THEN RETURNED IT BC THE AUTHOR'S WERE SO CRUEL)
  14. Trump Tower/Tiffany's 
  15. IDK what else?? I guess the last I can remember is Grand Central Terminal (the proper name; not Station).

Without further ado, here's the footage: 

Pictures:




Having fun


Where Lily and Bart got married


The Met














Hurry, sales end soon for Calypso's Posing Class

Bloody Jenny, step down.



srsly u cant sit w me 

DYLAN'S!!





She was so friendly and sweet and so so so patient!! 

Fresh Fudge yuuuuum

Her beanie <3 <3

Char's selection


Trouble


Tiffany's


wow I'm sorry these pictures aren't in order





Looking for my Dan hopelessly

Oh no I have DID syndrome


Best. Pano. Ever.


I regret not buying this

Having fun in Forever 21

Actually would like this, look at that sparkly beret

Excited for GG

Bryant Park Fountain 






St Paul's 

heeeeey right opposite The Palace

Constance/St Judes



dont even look at ME WHILE IM ON THE TOP OF THE STEPS


drama llama


saying bye to the haters

you know you love me

Nate's Building (top window if this pic)

WOOOOO

om nom nom



Duck Pond (where Blair likes to run away)


awkwardly waiting for this girl FOR AGES







HOW TO BE BLAIR: FROM THIS SHELF

she kept taking selfies



ah damn, nobody shall see my outfit under all my layers, ooooh well





Palace Gates (where's Chuck, Dan and Nate fighting????? :P)



WHERE BLAIR GETS HER MACAROONS FROM ($8 each but I will do it!!)

Where Blair got her wedding dress








wow wow wow



gross















Videos:











I had such a lovely time on this tour. Our guide was great, but too much of a Jenny and Dan fan for me. But she holds passionate hatred for Vanessa, so she had the right ideas ultimately. 

After the tour, Char and I explored GCT, and then visited Forever 21 in Times Square. I was looking for this ugly jumper that I found weeks ago, but the cool, trendy Times Square store didn't sell it (whatever, their loss). We parted ways, I went home (omg 59 people already lined up at the stop), and Char went to visit Shannon. She's having a sleepover w her as I type. 

As I just mentioned, a lot of people had lined up for the bus. It's because most businesses give the Christmas Eve (or whatever the day is before the holiday weekend) a half day. I, unfortunately, had made it to the same time as all the people who were let off work early. The bus only seats 57, and I was literally the last to board. I asked the driver if there was enough seats, and he said "sure thing"... 2 other girls and I made it to the very end to find no seats. I start walking back thinking 'k it's fine I'll just catch the next one ://' but some southern guy gave up his seat for me :D :D YAY! That was v nice. He said his mother raised him better than to let a lady stand, and then when he hopped off I saw his mum (I was tempted to yell out the window, 'BLESS U & UR AWESOME MANNERS TY', but the windows are sealed shut, ooooh well). 

I arrived home at about 4 (when it gets dark) and nobody was home. It was a bit too eerie for my liking. The boys should have been home; they had the half day just like everybody else. There were 2 bags of popcorn, hot, left on the table. I do admit, I did think 'omg pls dont let there be some psychopath in the basement w a gun and the children ahhhh' bc this is America and we all know that is highly likely). Alas, the family had went next door, and I forgot I was meant to visit dressed as Santa. It's cool I knew they had a back up in case I couldn't do it. I pottered around the house, made some dinner, cleaned, when I hear the boys come in. 

I offered to play Battleship w Trey at 6:30. By 8:30, the whole family is involved and we're on sides (Kerri, Rhino, and I, VS Walter and Trey). I had played a round w Trey initially, and I got smashed. He was very good. Embarrassingly good on my behalf. He's 7. 

I cleaned some more and finally crawled into bed. Now I just wanna watch Gossip Girl and read!!! 

I'll probably do that tomorrow for Christmas Eve, 


From Calypso.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas eve to you x

Post a Comment