Monday 5 December 2016

Day 13: Off to Florida

Today we didn’t do much, at all.

I got out of bed at 10:30am. The maids were cleaning the bathroom so I couldn’t truly start to get ready until they were out. I left myself 1.5 hrs to get ready, including packing for the Florida trip. Why do I make these bad decisions… why???




A little after 12pm is when we headed out the door for our mini holiday within our holiday. We took a bus to the terminal in the centre of the city as usual, then roamed around for 1.5hrs to eat (pizza, I can hear Mrs. Hay’s shame already) and shop for groceries (I WENT THERE TO BUY BANANAS, MARIE— I PROMISE I DON’T JUST EAT PIZZA </3 ).




Waiting for bus #2


For mum






Chicago on a bus (that's the musical we're seeing in a week wooooooo)


We ended up catching a bus at about 2:30pm which took 2hrs to get to JFK. The guy, I swear, was chill and doped out af, but suddenly behind the wheel turned in to this honking, tooting maniac. I felt embarrassed to be in the bus with him. Those poor pedestrians that were almost ran over by the monstrous bus…….. :( Oh well, they’re New Yorker’s. If I’ve learned anything while being here; it’s that they’re tough. You don’t really know how tough until you witness it everyday.

(the photos, no matter what, will only position themselves above the text sorry)
We caught a cab to our hotel that’s near the airport. We’re staying overnight bc our flight is early and it’s much closer to JFK (that place is a zoo, I tell ya).

Finally in the cab


I ordered NYC Chinese food for dinner. It was good— Bow Thai is still the best take out though. I’ve been watching Christmas Vacation and the Simpsons while Char was watching S5 of TVD (I watch over her shoulder a little and then we end up debating Delena v Stelena over and over and over).








Tomorrow we will be getting up at 3:30am so wish us luck. I pretty much hate flying now but oh well at least it’s only 3hrs. I can read during that time yay. Or sleep. Sleep sounds better rn.
I’m unsure if we’ll get wifi in Florida so if not, we will do a massive blog post updating you all how our 4 days went.


From Calypso.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat pizza, pray, love every moment :) Can't wait to hear about Florida!

Post a Comment