Tuesday 6 December 2016

Day 14: Florida #1

Today is the first official day of our mini holiday!

I woke up at 3:30am to get ready for the 5am breakfast, and 5:30am shuttle bus. It was so early, my friends. Too early. Unfortunately I got very, very ill. Like 'head in a toilet for almost half an hour' ill. As well as 'lining up for check in and needing to crouch in front of everybody bc u just puked in a bag' ill. That wasn't fun. I'm blaming the Chinese food. I didn't truly recover until we were in the Florida Hotel (7hrs later.......).

So sorry, I was feeling my absolute worst this morning. There's no pic or videos during that time. I did try, in desperation, ginger ale for the first time ever. It was good. Ish. Idk I felt like crap I don't remember much from the morning. Char was lovely and carried my duffel bag tho. I remember losing my new, expensive face washes at customs bc they were over 100mL :(

JFK Airport

Char calling her mum


Feeling better






Snapchat cheered me up for about 1 minute

My new fave filter haiiiii






The flight had quite a bit of turbulence. I read for about 10 mins and gave up.







My new best friend; ginger ale (who needs Miss Hayley-- this ginger is better!)


Ah, retirement homes and alligators



Once we landed, we caught an air train to the shuttle bus port. That was swanky. The service was v kind and helpful-- unfortunately, it's raining in Orlando rn so gr8 time to be visiting the theme parks yaaaaaaaay.











From our hotel we can see Universal. That's awesome. I'm not going on any scary rides. I'm contemplating on any rides atm. Idk if I'm up to it.

So our hotel check in experience was 1000000/10, I love the desk manager and the whole set up of the place. There's a TGI Friday's attached to the side of the hotel, so we don't need to leave the hotel to go to a restaurant. This place is supreme for my laziness, I tell ya. (Obviously), there's good wifi, so that's a bonus.



For lunch, Char and I headed over to TGI Friday's, I just had plain chips and she had a burger. It was too much like a bar so erm I don't think I'll be returning. It also smelled like cucumbers. But like, old cucumbers. Meh, I may get them to deliver hahaha.





Then we popped off (in the rain, just walking on the highway-- I was almost hit by a truck) to the closest Walgreens (bc apparently that's the most supermarket-y thing they have around here-- let me clarify; it's a pharmacy. I miss Coles and Woolies that have everything :'( ). Got some snacks and frozen dinner's for the week to save myself the hella pricey food from Disney World.


This guy saved me from being hit by a truck today so ty kind man



Char popped off to swim in their 86ºF outdoor pool, and I stayed to clean up, unpack, and finish my book (it was about this woman who calls her ex husband in the year 1998, and she goes a little crazy and thinks he didn't leave her after all-- it's called Landline by Rainbow Rowell for those who are interested).

I heated up some pizza pockets (which didn't make me feel great, somebody help me I just wanna eat and feel all g why is this happening somebody send over Australian food pls). Char Skyped Amber, and is now looking on the Universal site to plan the day for tomorrow.


What a great picture to end this on


I've been watching Friends and Seinfeld, and will probably read another book tonight.

The next 2 days will be filled with a lot of fun, so keep in touch,

From Calypso.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um u can lie to urself but that ginger ale got nuthin on me -H

Post a Comment