Saturday 3 December 2016

Day 11: Fair in the Square

Hello my friends and fam,

I'm surely getting into the Christmas spirit now :)



Today I got out of bed at 11:30......... oops. Even Char was out before me. I knew we had Fair in the (Verona) Square at lunch, so I got ready reaaaaaaally quickly to be somewhat on time.

We were out the door by 12pm, and spent a good 1.5hrs there. It was pretty cold today (4ยบ) but the wind made it worse. I bought a few things from the cute stalls, like a Verona Cheer tshirt, a Christmas bow that sparkles (yas), and 2 rings (sorry, Pandora). I feel bad because I met an author and we talked for a little and I told them I'd be back but I never did because we left earlier than I imagined.



Char and I tried Funnel cake....... we're still unsure what is the actual food that's deep fried



Trey's stall

Ummmmm not as great as mine but pretty damn good

Ah, band.



Bae <3 <3 <3

Horse ride around Verona!!! + the bloody horses that triggered a mighty allergic reaction (and ptsd from when I was 9-- ask mum for the story and she'll tell you alllllll about it)

We look great. Just sayin. But I was subtly crying bc horses suck.

Look at her. All clear eyes. Clear nose. Not a single sign of irritation. Pft, shoving her non-allergies in my itchy, red face.


There was a walking T-Rex which the boys freaked over. Trey had to manage the Cub Scout's stall (begrudgingly). Hot damn they sold some tasty cookies.

I also saw the Verona Library. My haven. My love. Just as I walked in there, I asked where's the YA section, and the guy told me they have a grand opening at 2 for the new "teen section". I was so happy they got one and was about to ask more and suddenly Char came out of nowhere to collect me.

No library for Calypso :( 

I shall return soon. And see if they have a book club. I will be the honorary member from the Central Coast's YA Tangents Book Club and Board Games and Mario Kart (that's our official name if you didn't already know) representative, blessing the Verona teens with my presence.

Next up, Kerri took us + the boys, and Em, to the nail salon. Char and I got to play princesses. Woohoo. It was lovely that Kerri did that for us so ty Kerri if you're reading.



I wanted to scratch my eyes out but couldn't bc of the nail polish drying

The queen she is.

Living


Aye look what it is-- Pandy Andy (mum)


Since the sun sets at 4:30pm, we returned to the fair around then for the Christmas Tree lighting and visit from Santa. That was super cute. And chilly. But I was wearing my mum's boots so everything was fiiiiiiiiiine.


Expensive plastic toys. Oh I miss the days of begging for the quality entertainment it was.












I finished a book today. Then I ate leftovers from the Cheesecake Factory. The cheesecake is delishhhhhhhhioni. However a part of me still longs for the Costo caramel cheesecake I know so well.

Her lack of knife bearing says, "Welcome, please sit", but her eyes say, "I will end you if you take one more picture of me today, Calypso".


Then I had a wonderful Skype chat with Miss Lauren and Hayley. And inadvertently, Zhang. And also James (the pocket dial incident-- I'm pretty sure he still thinks I was Hayley's grandmother). Hopefully they didn't hear too much. Oh I spoke to lovely Mrs. Hay-- who brought up the concern that I'm eating too much pizza and cookies. Rest assured to all; I have plenty of other foods, it's just not as fun to take pictures of.

Now it's near 11pm, and I get to sleep in tomorrow.

I shall be rereading Twilight in the next few days, then heading off to Florida for the week. I'm unsure if I will be connected to wifi but I'll try to upload.

From Calypso.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

������

Post a Comment