Friday 2 December 2016

Day 10: NY Movie and TV Tour

An awesome day, indeed!

The tour was a lot of fun, however I wasn't allowed to record anything. That's fine and dandy, but when I take over 100 pics of standard brownstone buildings, I've got no clue where they're from 12 hours later, sorry.

So what I'm going to do is upload any clear pics that could be recognisable. They won't be in order, I'm too tired to reorder them.
Too late, Channel 9.




Intimidating cop car...

Waiting in line

Diner with singing staff (must visit!)



It was a fairly short tour. Our tour guide was an actor too, and LISTEN UP: HE PLAYED CHUCK BASS' STUNT DOUBLE FOR SEASON 4. Particularly for Chuck's hands??????????????????? He knew heaps of GG triv, and got to hang out with the cast all day before having to hold something for the show. #FAVE.

On the bus

Hotel Edison? 

Seinfeld reference

???


Rockefeller I'm pretty sure

CHUCK'S HOTEL AYYYYE



The fountain the FRIENDS cast dance around

In the Tower Heist movie

The Plaza


Friends apartments


Ugly Naked Guy/Ross' apartment across the street

No balcony like in the tv show  


Me, geeking out (I seemed to be the only fan of Glee, GG and FRIENDS on the tour??)


Like the cookie Jerry was eating in line on a Seinfeld ep

MISS HAYLEY-- this building was used for Confessions of a Shopaholic, AND Devil Wears Prada

rad

MoMA

Atlas (30 Rock, SNL)

Been there; done that

People chilling in hammocks

Washington Square Garden

Me and my marshmallow form hot dang



MY FAVE; SCOTT aka Chuck's hands c. Season 4




Really famous apartment blocks; Will Smith uses them in a heap too 
NYU Law


some famous coffee shop?


We pasted a set

The only kind I like

NYFD




The public library <3 <3



If anybody is ever bored I give you permission to photoshop me surfing



lemme add here that I did this pose first today

Basketball court used in many movies, and Sesame Street

YAY

LOOK

The place Wizards of Waverly Place was based off

Carriage 









In front of Queen B and Jay Z's apartment 


We had Maccas after, then ran 15 blocks in 10 mins to make the bus (we made it in 5 mins, give me a medal please). We returned at 3:15, and we were told we had to leave to watch the boys do gymnastics (then we could also grocery shop) in 15 mins. I was exhausted but needed to shop so I went along. The boys were very cute but awful at gymnastics.




Shopping w Char
Not as good as CVS but still good


After that, we had about 30 mins before Em drove Char and I to the 'Mall of Shorthill'. If anybody would like to fund me for my next shopping spree, that would be great. Because being introduced to Forever 21 (USA) has made me change my life choices. You know what else has?

The Cheesecake Factory.


I thought it was some standard cheesecake making bakery, but oh.

Oh, no.

It's so much more.

The only way I could describe it is that it's like QLD's Sizzler, without the buffet, and with a super long line. We were given a buzzer and were expected to get a seat in 30 mins (so we went shopping). The portions were huge, I only ate half and had to get my cheesecake in a take away box (I still haven't tried it but I may tomorrow).

Forever 21






Spag + Meatballs yum yum







Mum, tell me what to buy and I'll ship it over lol

Seriously just tell me what and I'll get it

Best night so far!! 
(I had better videos but I didn't realise my camera was on the slow mo setting ugh-- if you want those, just ask... I have an extra 4x 4 min videos of Char slow mo dancing in the back)


Tbh I enjoyed the trip to the Cheesecake Factory waaaaaay more than the tour. Em was a lot of fun and we got to learn about her some more. We also had a massive sing a long on the way home, all themed with being powerful, independent women-- woooooo!

I didn't get lost in NYC today, but that's only because I know 20th-60th really well along Broadway, 7th and 8th. (That's not a lot). Hopefully I'll venture to uptown sometime (GG tour next week, possibly).

Today was a fun day.


From Calypso. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg love friends and devil wears prada! Sounds like such an amazing day !! ☺ -H

Post a Comment