Tuesday 29 November 2016

Day 6: Empire State Building and Times Square

BEST. DAY. EVER!!!

Trey (7) doing this??????????????????????

Helping Rhino w his shoes

yes

you thought id pose normally.. think again


new profile piccy?

School bus!!!! (Shorter than I imagined)

mmmmmmmmmmm fun!


Too pasty, Lauren??
Deck the Halls


We left at 8:30, bus picked us up on time at 9:30am. It was super toasty and comfy in the bus, so Char and I fell asleep 5 times with little micro-naps. Not good.

We were searching for just under 2hrs the place where we redeem our NYC Explorer Passes. Bloody 266 West 44t St. Long story short; the place didn't exist. It was actually 226, but that place shut down years ago. Thank you Broadway souvenir guy!! I shall return to repay you for telling us this! We walked up and down 4 blocks, which was ridiculous (they were the long blocks).


Along the journey, we accidentally walked into Times Square. I knew we were coming close to it because the advertisements grew larger along Broadway (I hate that long-•ss-street now-- I will avoid it at all costs for now on!!!!!!! I've spent waaaay to long on the street). But we just sorta stumbled onto it?

"Oh wait is this Times Square?"
"Uhhhh yeh? I think? Look it's the red steps--- yep, it's Times!!"
"Oh.. cool!"

Times Square wasn't on my list of places to visit while in NYC, because it's just a bunch of adverts. But when we got there, and it was literally a surprise to us, I was taken aback. It was so bright and pretty and quiet (not many people, everybody has gone back to work/school). We ate quality hot dogs (I want more, I miss them-- maybe I'm the only one that misses food, is it a weird concept to the rest of you guys?? I miss my fave foods). Everybody there was super friendly :)



Here it is..... The square of wibbly wobbly timey wimey (I'm sleep deprived if you couldn't already tell)


Werk it

Channelling a friend's dad who posed like this in the 90s

Broadway, baby!


For Sarah-- the Scientology building







Hot dog stand

Delish!


Hot dog juice squirted up my nose

.... worth it

The famous Sardis!!!!! (or as Char said: Sandis!!)


Still searching for the booth (cool free wifi zones w usb plug ins to charge phone, as well as free phone service-- looooove these Links)



After we finally found our redeemed tickets (it was at the wrong location, again!! We explored 2 more blocks before finding it on 42nd St and 7th ugh), we took a detour at a Best Buy store, as Char needed a new Mac charger.



VIP represent



THEN we reached ESB! 


Absolutely awesome. I can't say much-- the footage speaks for itself. I didn't expect it to be so low... I was hoping it was higher tbh. Oh well. I love heights, so it was fun to look over. I did get a little scared of dropping my phone, but overall I was fine. The line up was super short (10 mins max, after airport level security check), and was significantly chillier up top.

The photos aren't in order, sorry:



Public Library <3



















Cute lil contraption

Didn't read any of these-- was too keen to go to the top :/

Pretty floors

Adorable elevators!

80th floor





I suck at panoramas but here

King Kong display






Cute $30 mugs if anybody wants to buy me one, they're available online ty

Or buy me this 

Really wanted to bookmarks too


All my post cards yeh man expect to get one in your mailbox (well... more like 7 of you ish)

Nutcracker's in the worker's uniform <3


Got some gifts for friends (I finally found yours, Dear James!!!!!!!)


All the famous people who've visted








Golden beret that I neeeeeed with my new gold shirt-- somebody please buy me this too



Buying more post cards-- I bought 22 altogether. 

Pretty bus terminal

the best kind of pose

I feel Marilyn Monroe's aura

Twas really bright, my eyeballs burnt off

This makes my eyes turn into hearts, I tell ya <3 





~artsy~






I spy Rockefeller 


Chickens

Hudson River ?

Embracing my good friend.... ... the observation pole 

Literally crying at the beauty

Yummy

Still embracing my bud 

"Dude she was asking for it I swear"
"Idk man that seems kind wrong"
"Whatever she doesn't even remember so it doesn't matter"
Quality 

I so didn't pose for this


ooooooh swanky velvet ropes heh heh 

Exhausted at the end of the day


Postcards, stamps, and gifts!




Building or spaceship?


It was so dry my hand literally started to bleed what doeS THAT SAY



more art



He was the bomb ilh he vented about hating seeing this view now and I was like i feel u man


Best view; Central Park and Rockefeller

Leave my friend alone, they aren't a coat rack 

The sun gleaming through just makes it more 'murican





Peek a boo

5h Ave




When we left we were stopped because of some kids movie being produced. So check out any child animal movies being released next year-- Char and I may be extras woohoo! 







In the building there's a Starbucks-- we went in for an hour, and I tried my first ever drink. They guy who served me was suuuuuper helpful and friendly, he made my day yay :D (there was a lady who worked there who was an utter snob tho ugh). I Facetimed mum at her AEST 5am lol-- it was good to call her!!

There is my fave helper next to the ugh one



yaaaaay (tbh I like Gloria Jeans more) 


I claimed the Snapchat sticker I can go home 

At about 3pm, we strolled down to the Bus Terminal. We got around the block in over an hour (lol slowest pace ever). To be fair, there was heaps of Christmas displays to check out on 5th Ave.



 







We almost hopped on the wrong bus omg-- so there's a 33 and a 33G- we had no idea we were meant to get on 33G, but the bus driver told me nooooooo and so we sprinted to the one next. Luckily there was about 5 seats left. I swear I sat next to a guy that was just released from prison. Also, he didn't wanna share his seat but whatever I sat on his jacket so mmmmmm enjoy the warmth from my butt on ur jacket, rude ex-con. 

On the bus trip a lady recognised us from this blog??????? Hello Olga, if you're reading! It was lovely to meet you. Thank you for giving directions and indication on where to stop. We now know to press the button as soon as we seen the art building in baby blue that imitates the Flatiron Building. 




Verona is 5ยบ cooler than NYC oddly enough. I walked briskly home, and even saw frost in some of the branches from other properties.

Chef Char made me toasties for dinner- yay. While she did that, I had a lovely Skype sesh with Miss Loz. 




Later we officially booked all our landmark tours, and now it's 1:30am. How the time flies. Damnit. One of these days I'll get a good night's sleep :(



I've also put all the family's presents under the tree-- as mother instructed-- and hopefully the presentation is appreciated!

Did you guys know that our phone's GPS system still works when on airplane mode????????? I didn't, until this afternoon. Really useful to know when I have no idea where I am in NYC. But also makes me paranoid of the government............

I hope you enjoyed today's post,

From Calypso

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Empire was great, didn't see a girl and a guy in red capes did you?

Post a Comment