Friday 25 November 2016

Day 3: Black Friday

Greetings, fellow friends and fam,

It's 12 am, and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. Why?

Because today was Black Friday.




I was 100000% over America's electricity this morning



Char taking children's medicine


That's right. The beret is out. 


Black Friday is kinda like Boxing Day Sales but more crazy. We went to the more 'downtown' side of Verona, with a massive mall.

For those who know me at, you'll know how much I loathe shopping. But Charlotte reminded me throughout the day that it's an "experience" to have while in NY. And oh, indeed it was.

We started at Macy's, which I found to be very similar to Myers. It wasn't very crowded until you hit the 40% discount Michael Kors shoes. They were super cute but there was no way I would wait in line for them. The store was huge and had 2 stories, but no book section. Lowkey disappointed but I got to see a heap of cute bags so that was fun. Macy's had a bunch of little stores inside, which was confusing bc Macy's advertised heaps of discounts but each store had individual conditions (my fave's like MAC didn't have anything on sale :/ ). When I went to check out, and said I don't have a Macy's card, the cashier freaked out bc duh everybody has a card, and she didn't know how to do the transaction, so she called her manager over to help. When I said I didn't want a Macy's card, they both went ??????????????????????? why tho??? And I kept saying I don't even live here but they couldn't believe it. Soooooorry. (I should have signed Hayley up..... she loves to get the loyalty cards but never visit again, lol).

Trying on the gold shirt.

Macy's

The ugly pug sweater I NEED to buy




Then we headed into GAP, my fave new store. I so wish they had it in Australia. It's like Pumpkin Patch but for adults. Okay that probably doesn't appeal to older people but speaking for my comfort and I; it was fantastic. Plus everything was 50% off. I wish I bought everything there. Charlotte was complimented by an old lady while trying on her new jacket, which ultimately made Char's day (adorable).

Char's jacket that she loves bc an old lady complimented her in it <3

Happy in my GAP Wonderland


Next we headed to Banana Republic (we didn't buy anything there) which I thought was a teen targeted store, mainly because I remember Kim Possible worked there, but when we got inside it looked like some my legal studies teacher would wear (nothing wrong with that, but it just wasn't for us). We left soon.



My next awkward experience was in Abercrombie and Fitch. This store was super trendy and athletic; neither characteristic traits I possess. But I've heard it many times from TV shows and movies, so I knew I had to get something from there. I may have also found Lauren's gift in here.


I found my pimp jacket guys

By then I had enough but Kerri and Char were still eager to shop, so we compromised with a food break. We were going to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but decided that can be another trip, as we all felt like savoury (my Mac is telling me this isn't a word-- it is, isn't it???). Char got Taco Bell and I got Wendy's, which was really difficult to get. I asked for chips, with tomato sauce, no gherkins, and a milkshake, and they couldn't process a single word I said. So I was trying to reword it like "uhhhh fries? French fries?? With tom-ae-to ketchup?". The poor girl at the register had to get her manager-- eventually I got my order through. But Wendy's didn't have milkshakes-- but these super thick shakes, that for the 1.5hrs I sipped from it; the drink never made it up the straw.

Wendy's
Taco Bell



We walked by this stall that had hand made Christmas ornaments. Char and I bought one for Kerri and Walter's tree this year.


Calypso and Charlotte, Merry Christmas, 2016
Yay Charlotte bought some new earrings
Disney has it's own store over here?????????????????????????????? Most bizarre thing I saw all day

We went to Express which was very busy, and I tried on a few things but decided they're not touristy enough so I left. Char bought some great items from here.



We went to "Bloomies" for Kerri as she had to buy a cream. The whole morning I thought she meant... like, food cream. But she meant face cream, oops. I kept thinking "wow Bloomingdales has everything; food and clothes etc". I also bought another present from here. Char and I found some hilariously prestigious face creams with caviar in them. There was also a DJ?? Kerri had to take the kids to Toys R Us for Christmas toy shopping, so we quickly left. I really wanna return to Bloomingdales-- it was just like David Jones (or DJ's, as my mum and I call it-- but is completely foreign to Char's vocab). Except this store had a DJ and caviar cream. Bloomies > DJ's.

Caviar face cream oooooh 


Overall we spent 6 hours there, or in my terms; $200... oops. Shan't be shopping for a while. Or else I'll have nothing for Disney merch or Boxing Day Sales (w/ Shannon and Char).

I much prefer to buy gifts for my friends, however. Although my recount doesn't mention it much, for the majority of the day I was looking for gifts for my buds, which was significantly more fun. I still don't know what the heck to buy for a certain James McLarty-- he's impossible.

We got back, Char curled into a foetus position on my bed (lol). I called mum to show her what I bought. Then I Skyped Loz at AEST 9am (happy Saturday morning!!), and ran a fashion show featuring what Char and I bought from Black Friday. I may have fallen off the bed a dozen times, but I'm sure, considering the production value, the entertainment was at a high standard for Lauren. Check out Charlotte's vlogs for what she tried on.

Skype w Loz

What I bought

















Also; if you try to watch a video on your iPhone and you're viewing our blog on the mobile version, it may not load. So if you're really, really, really keen to see Charlotte's Updates, either switch to desktop version or watch it on your computer. 

Kerri came back from the Toy Store with "Elves on the Shelves". They're cute toys that are placed around the house as 'Santa's helpers', mainly to keep an eye on the children and report if they're on the naughty or nice list for Santa. There's even a mini-movie on Youtube about it, showing the rules and purpose. We sat down and watched it after dinner while drinking hot coco-- I was v v v cosy. 



Ayyyyyye I figured out how to stop internatonal data yay




Watching Toy Story 2




I realised I'll still be in NY when my fave show premieres, I'm so pumped <3 <3 

For dinner we had Thanksgiving seconds. Can't complain. 10/10 would eat again.



Char and I were given the choice of movie for the family, so we chose How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Kerri made smores (YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM) for us. I didn't make it to the end of the movie, I was very sleepy and knew I had to write today's blogpost.



How the Grinch Stole Christmas

So that's been my day. I hate shopping but it was nice to do once. I enjoyed visiting many famous department stores from America.

I have a big day tomorrow, so I shall be off now,

I hope you all enjoyed your Saturday,

From Calypso.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

love it sweety, now that's a thick shake!

Post a Comment