Wednesday 30 November 2016

Day 7: Separate Ways

Today was a good day for Char and I; we decided to spend the day pottering around doing our own stuff. 

Char went to the city (while it was pouring-- she's a trooper).

I stayed at home-- did some grocery shopping, made dinner, then baked cookies. Oh and I read, and napped. It was a splendid day. I need more of these days.

My alarm went off at 7:30am ish, but I decided to read and not get up just yet. I kept trying to wake Char up but I'm used to light sleepers so it was hard (and I failed). At 9:35am, Char woke up and looked at her watch, "Sh*t!!!!" ahahah. She was out within 10 mins (record speed!).


Then the real party started. 





I cleaned the room, organised my shopping list, packed my friends gifts in my suit case... Thrilling (I actually loved it, I was home alone and it was raining yaaaaaaaas).

From 11:30-1:30, Emily generously drove me around the town for some shopping. I got a whole range of things that I needed for myself. Just a side note-- I love CVS. 



We got back at about 1:30pm, I made a meatball sub while FaceTiming mum. It wasn't that great, and I thought the food was off because I forgot that American's dating system is stuffed up. 


Meat ball sub woo woo


I accompanied Em to pick up the boys from school-- it was interesting to see an American primary school (it was a bit dark and eery tbh I felt like a mass shooting was about to happen bc it was raining and the fluorescent lights were flickering yeh no thanks). When we returned I began to read but accidentally took a 2hr nap (a thorough one tho-- drool and everything, quality naptime). 




Char never told me when she would return so when it started to turn dark I began to worry (all good she's happily watching the Vampire Diaries next to me). Emily helped me make dinner (stir fry, easy as)-- she is very good at cooking. While she helped the boys get bathed, I made cookies. Then we all made a ginger bread house. Char came home in the midst of the mayhem-- she looked absolutely knackered. She visited St Pat's Cathedral, NBA, Rockefeller Centre, the Public Library, and Barnes & Noble (I envy!!). Check out her vlogs for more-- I have absolutely no details for the rest of her trip, sorry.

Char said she was admiring the people praying then turned the corner and their was a massive gift shop lol r


























Posing in front of the nice side......

....... this side fell off



I read 3 books to the boys, they were so sweet.









I wrote postcards for 2 bloody hours. Expect essays, my dear friends and family.

Freaking essays.


Then I Facetimed my mum and brother (just came back from camp, interesting to hear the dramas). Now it's 1am, once again, and I need to sleep.



As you can see, not much happened today.

I loved it.

Expect post cards (to some of you),

from Calypso.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies ... yes please!

Anonymous said...

Hey its Pheobes great grandfather nestlè tollhoùsè :p love the cookies and seems like u had a wonderful day xx -H

Unknown said...

Little Red Caboose - one of my favourites that I read, and slept, to you xxxooo

Post a Comment