Wednesday 28 December 2016

Day 36: Uptown Tour and Central Park Zoo

I had suuuuch a lovely day!
It was bloody freezing, though. I woke up at 5, but didn't end up getting into the city until 10:30am.. oops.

I did a fantastic hop on/off tour for Uptown NYC. I've already been their several times this week, and didn't really want to visit, but tomorrow I'm visiting Downtown which has a tonne of stuff for me to do, that's also new for me :D. I didn't think I'd get a guide, but was pleasantly surprise with earphones at the start woowoo.

Seriously... I was freezing. I didn't stop shivering until I was in the tropical sanctuary at the zoo. That was hours later.

Here's what I visited today

I learnt quite a bit about John Lennon's death, and got to see Yoko Ono's NYC flat, as well as the hospital Lennon died in.

We passed the Apollo theatre really quickly, but I'm glad I've finally seen it!! I would've loved to seen a show, but for most I have to be 18+. Oh well, I'll return in a few years for sure.

Then we passed the museums, bla bla bla.... Been there, done that. If you would like to see me participate in the Museum Mile, check out my blogs from the previous week.

THEN I WENT TO THE ZOO! YIPEE!

I love zoos. Taronga is still my all time fave.

Central Park's Zoo is so tiny! Like it has 3 major sections. That's it. It was very enjoyable to visit! I had a bit of an incident at the start... I lost my ticket! I lined up, grabbed what I saw (the lady said enjoy your day), and I race to the cafe for something warm to de-freeze my hands... I go to enter, and I search through everything, and can't find it! Not even the receipt?!? I couldn't even remember picking it up.

So I go over to security, they take me to the booth I bought from, and AHHHH THE TICKET LADY HAD MY TICKET!!!!! Who says have a good day and gives me a bunch of paperwork, that isn't my ticket, and lets me walk away?????? I am blind without my glasses, I thought for sure I had it (they gave me so many pamphlets?? WHy? I just wanted my ticket ty).

It took 2 hours to walk really slowly though the zoo, as well as seeing the sea lions being fed. 

My favourite display was definitely the sea lions!!!!!!!! Oh, they were the coolest. My fave sea lion was Charlie <3 Both sea lions were sassy af. They were both quite the characters :D.

After visiting the main zoo, I walked a block over to their Children's Zoo. That was cute and I didn't pet anything, plus I saw some strange animals.

I realised Dylan's Candy Store was 5 blocks away, so I skipped on down and bought everything on mum's list heheh. I thought it'd take 30 mins max, I ended up being there for almost 2 hours. I got a personal shopper to assist me!!!!! Mum had quite the list. It was a fabulous experience and will certainly do it again (getting a personal shopper was free??? and then he wouldn't let me tip him... He was gr8!! <3 ).

Then I ran 3 blocks for the bus, because they refused to pick me up unless it was an official stop after Colombus-- I ran from Central Park West to South (ridiculous... the map told me their were heaps around the park, but the guy wouldn't pull over!! ugh). I passed Carnegie Hall (in the dark, poor pictures sorry) on my way to the bus terminal.

I made it back to Port Authority just in time for a bus leaving ASAP, so I jumped onto that and made it home at 6:30 woohoo! I was home alone for an hour before Char came back-- originally she was going to Ground Zero, but she ended up shopping at Macy's and touring 10th Ave instead. 

Pictures:


Pretty good admission fees

Lost my ticket and I'm cold


V new yorky




Spot the snake


Gecko


Red panda <3 <3 <3

Snow Leopards

Grizzly bear <3






Puffins




Charlie <3 <3 <3





Piranha



What a cool set up




One of my fave displays <3

































Stuck in shell, I would be the turtle that doesn't reach the sea

WHAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS SOME RABBIT X DEER CROSSBREED

oh









Moo







Funny that a month ago I would not have known where I am, and now I see this and know exactly...

The sheep were so sweet and pure <3 <3 <3

Personal shopper <3 <3

Look at him go




HAPPY DAYS




City birds want in

Cool trampoline

Oink oink






Okay so I teared up-- this homeless lady was shivering and somebody gave her 2 coffees, then another gave her the blue blanket, then this teen girl gave her 2 of her Macy's bags, and then an older woman gave her the food she had and $20???? All happened while waiting for the lights to turn go... So beautiful. So sad.


AND THE COFFEE CAME BACK FOR MORE <3 <3 I LOVED WITNESSING THE TOUCHING GENEROSITY

Dyland's









On my way home yay

Carnegie Hall gr8 shot I'm sorry



One of three Trump Towers

Woo I could FEEL the talent

Did you know that America was once called New Amsterdam bc the Dutch colonised it first b4 the Brits????? Me neither

Lennon was shot outside here (also where he and Yoko lived, she still visits there and rents out another flat)



 COOOOOLD





Where Lennon was taken


Largest memorial for a senator (I think?)

!NJ BOUND!


THE BRONX, BABY.



A mosque w a pharmacy entrance lol



Famous picnic spot

You again


Super excited for these tours!!



Got ma headphones on, ready to goooooo


More firemen from the Times Square district died than from the World Trade Centre's firemen.. interesting


Pretty morning :)


I stayed behind the cover bc I wanted good pictures........ Idiotic of me, but look how great my blog is!!?


Videos:


















Tomorrow it's meant to be raining but I have to use my 48hr bus ticket :( If only I went today for Downtown... There's so much more to do on that one. Wish me luck, hopefully I get some good pictures for the blog!!!

I really wanted to read a book or two tonight, but it's 11pm and I'd like to get some sleep, damn :/.

Enjoy your day, I'm missing Australia,

From Calypso.

0 comments:

Post a Comment