Wednesday 14 December 2016

Day 22: Statue of Liberty and Zoo

THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVE NY MOMENTS!!!
6am BLING BLING BLING-- Skype call from the Miss Hayley. It was early but worth it. A great wake up call, I must say <3 I'm missing you all, my dear friends!



Yas girls werk it

Charlotte hiding from the Skype call lol


This is the big touristy moment I've been waiting for. Unfortunately, I don't remember most of it-- just the concern for taking photos... That was a bit of a regret, but oh well! Do it for the blog!!!

We bought our metrocards today. It was our first time in the subways, and yes weird things happened. But sad stuff so I won't give details.

You know..... for a city with 9 million civilians (without the tourist's demographic) you think they're had a better train system than single storey carriages???????????????????????????? Also they decided to tell us half way through that we need o be in the first "section" (not carriage) of the train to hop off at Lady Lib. Thankfully we hopped off and sprinted until the driver told us to stop and hop in. Another confusing thing: NYC doesn't have designated platforms. They just arrive in random platforms and give 5 mins notice where trains will be (eg so the subway to Chinatown could be down miscellaneous platform that we shall name as A, but in 30 mins when it returns it will be in misc. platform Q). Like??????// HOW DOES ANYBODY APPRECIATE SUCH A FOOLISH SYSTEM?????????????????????????????????????

I miss Sydney trains. They suck but at least there's some sense.

We made it to the ferry area in no time. We were blessed with great weather so hooray! Plus there were heaps of helpful tour guides who were very useful to us. However 5 different ones (all from the same company) each told us different pier's...... that was annoying but we followed the final guy's directions which were good enough.

We had the option to go on Ellis Island and wait 4 hours for the return ferry....... or go on an hour ferry that doesn't dock in. We chose the latter. It was so much fun! And the guide (who we had no idea was a part of the trip) was so charismatic. Loved him!!

The pictures truly speak the rest of this experience so enjoy: 



"you look like a baby" ty Charlotte

hello it is I....... bald baby

Boho nun and her bestie




Even the subway has the American flag on it

Yay we made it

MUTANT SEAGULLS THAT ARE SO BIG



Helicopters ooh


It just feels right, you know?? 




This was necessary


Gr8 tourguide

It got too cold I'm sorry I put the beanie back on


SO many photos are like this----- my eyeballs-- they bUUUURN

-MUreica, helllll yeh!


In this position bc it's "cold" 

Interesting buildings: were used for docks, then abandoned, some guy made them into lofts....... yadda yadda yadda, they go for $34,000/month, and there's a waiting list to get the apartment. 


Oooh the wind wasn't helpful


me holding lady lib eheh

THE SUN


MOTHER I HAVE RETURNED FOR YOU




hot amiright dw I've got better poses to come




Me, graceful, the wind blowing through my crown, the seagulls flying by me, I am at ease

bloody sun




'calypso lets go down it's cold' NO THAT'S FOR QUITTERS 



Before your lessons with Calypso.......

...... now at $990 for the holidays + TAX bc thIS IS AMERICA AND TAX ISN'T SHOWED 

Sure I lent it to her


A little too black power// heil Hitler for me, I know, this isn't what you'll invest in when you buy my cla-

Bald baby staring at far off concrete


Videos:









Afterwards we hopped onto an abandoned shuttle bus and overheard the other guy who snuck on that he made sure some girl was dead after not delivering "the stash"---------- we were alarmed but stayed on, like typical naive victims in a horror movie would. It's okay we're alive. 

For lunch we went to Dunkin' Donuts (which always has a Baskin Robins attached for some reason). Tbh I like Krispy Kreme's more. And Donut King------ which are owned by the same people, but I guess I like how Australians do it?? Another sad thing happened that I witnessed but I couldn't do anything since it was against the police so :/ :/






Maxie <3 <3 


We strolled our way back to the bus station 1 block down, and made it in perfect time to spare for the bus. I forgot I was wearing my head piece, oops. Ooooooh well! I got some dirty looks from locals, but I didn't care-- I enjoyed my touristy day.

At 6:30pm we visited the local zoo for their Christmas Light Spectacular, and surprisingly they had exhibits open so woohoo that was fun. Here's some cool pics and vids:

Pictures:

Poor Trey was afraid



Oh stop playing so coy


Stingrays!



Fave animals <3 <3 

I see a....... sloth!!

deaded??

meow





Swans 



Nemo and Marlin!!!!!!

Rhino loved the aquarium <3 

IM KEEN (for the new African instalment) 

The piss poor Australian section




WHAT A CUTE CUPCAKE <3 

I was trying to think of a pun but I'll stop myself 



Appreciate these shots, I was simultaneously holding Rhiny so he could see over the fence









Trey trying to call out to the black bear as he wears his matching beanie 








All I could think about was Hayley's poor reindeer that was artistically "modified" by Will 

idk Char wanted a photo in front of this 

Videos: 





@Hayley ahahaha 



@Lauren


Once I returned I basically discussed w my pals (hello to whomever is reading) how everybody feels about their HSC results-- DUn duUUUun. I'm not checking mine til the day I leave NYC.

It's been a long day, I hope you enjoyed the photos-- I certainly enjoyed taking them,

From Calypso.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

BIG FOOT!

Post a Comment