Sunday 1 January 2017

Day 40: New Year's Day and Central Park

We woke up late-ish bc it was NYE the night before.
At 12:30pm, we caught the 7 train to Grand Central. From there, the 6 train to Lexington Ave and 125st. I totally forgot that was the ghetto of the Bronx, dear god. It wasn't pleasant to walk down, especially after NYE. We stopped for IHOP (International House of Pancakes, in case you didn't know, like Charlie didn't), which was something from my bucket list. I had no idea how many pancakes came out, and omg I couldn't finish half of it. I enjoyed their Pecan Butter and Old Syrup syrups. Char loved the blueberry the most.

Then we stumbled our way to 86st by 3pm. It was time to explore Central Park woohoo!!! We did a few things, like visit the Turtle Lake, the Reservoir, the Lake, the Great Hill, Cherry Hill, and lastly, Strawberry freaking Hill (which took us ages to find, until we spoke to some locals who were super fab and Char and I wanted to join them instead bc they seemed like they were having a lot of fun). Why is Strawberry Hill so important? It's a massive tribute to John Lennon, which I spoke about in my Uptown Tour blog. Long story short; we got there, and it was tiny. And bland. Very anticlimactic. But there were heaps of people humming Imagine which was beautiful. 

We waited 45mins for the bus, trudged our way up, and boom-- here we are now. I'm dying to read but I should probably get some sleep. Tomorrow I'm returning to Woodbury for some more outlet goodies woowoo!!

Char and I have started to get sentimental about our trip. It's almost over. I'm dying to go home, but I really wish Sydney city was as great as NYC. NYC makes so much sense, and I know how to navigate everything. It's the best city, really and truly. I am, however, super eager to leave the rude New Yorkers and be surrounded by my buds again. And surround myself in my books. And Aussie food.


Pictures:









Planning our heist







Hieroglyphics??

Um dead


If you look closely, the lines form a turtle :3 (I don't think many others noticed that while being there)

Squirrel :o


After this pic, we were asked by a rude woman to not (it's a public place???? I told her so and continued, tyvm I've got a serious blog to update ugh)


This is where CHUCK AND BLAIR GOT MARRIED <3 <3 <3


something rustled in the pile of leaves near my feet omg no



How Charlotte wanted me to pose

How I wanted to pose :)



Where the police would've ran down to stop Chuck and Blair <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 



The boat house












I don't remember taking this but a'ight

Near posing inspo (also saw a woman posing before that Char and I duly noted)




Doing ballet w her shiba inu (wow what a great way to start 2017)





so who's going to dip who??????? this is our corny wedding shot, just sayin






WHERE MY FAVES (Rachel and Finn) MET UP FOR THEIR NEW YORK DATE 

Also where Rachel went when she found out Finn died (I'm not crying; you are)

(still thinking about Cory being dead)





We walked by a proposal (I thought it was fake until I saw a professional photographer oh haha)

Always a treat to have Char at the end of these perfect panoramas

A lot of Jewish people around but idk why were we near some sacred site???? who knows








it's cold and calypso was getting tired of meaningful poses

Falcon dude

Me, imitating, with my prized pancake leftovers


btw I'm listening to TSwizz's 1989 and it has a whole new meaning to me esp Welcome to New York, ya know

?? What's this? We never found out. 



FINALLY


hmm nice but not super nice, u feel







I can't really move with so many layers on


SAW MY FAVES

BOWING DOWN TO MY FAVES (new episode tomorrow IM PSYCHED)



boo (from boo boo, get it?>?? haha, probably not, only hayley and mum will get this possibly)





Last yellow cab we may see (we are getting ridiculously sentimental)


Videos (there's some good ones):












Have a wonderful start to 2017,

From Calypso.

0 comments:

Post a Comment