Wednesday 4 January 2017

Day 42: Last Day in New York

Oh, it's a bittersweet time! Ultimately, I am excited (and extremely nervous) to come home.
It's 12am so I'm gonna cut straight to the chase (last proper sleep for the next 48hrs, I'm afraid).

We watched 1/4 of Shadowhunters (loved it, but was a boring beginning to the season) before we left to go spend our gift cards my godmother gave us for Marshalls. I got my fave perfume and some adorable birthday/thank you cards... so expect to see one of those in 2017 if you invite me to your parties (which you should, even just to get one of the cute cards, it's worth it).

By 1:30, we returned and watched the rest of Shadowhunters and ate lunch. Idk where time went but by 5pm, I was only just beginning to check stuff off my list (like call Qantas, to make sure we don't go through the same struggle like on the way here, etc).

At 6:15pm, Kerri took us to the Verona Diner, as a farewell. It was an adorable (and very modern!) diner, which was a perfect, American goodbye, I reckon. Thank you, Kerri, for taking us!!!! <3 

Once we returned at 8:30, I packed and packed away, until 11:30pm. I've had quite a few issues with balancing the weights, but I've just made it on the brink so hopefully I should be good (22kg for one bag, 23kg for the other-- our limit is 23kg each for 2 pieces of luggage). Char's is perfectly fine, with a spare 13kg in her second piece of luggage-- all smiles for her! She was very helpful, and offered to lift my luggage while I read the scale (ty Charlieeee).

Now it's almost 1am. I'm having a lovely chat to Lauren, who's informed me that she's starting up her own blog, for her cruise extravaganza. Be sure to check it out-- I'm sure it'll be super sunny and tropical, completely different to mine, but still just as glamorous (or even more! I heard she's going to swim actually, just see, but I need to sell this with the turtles!!).

In case you've heard my woes about which uni and course I'm going to do, I've finally decided: Ourimbah is now my top preference, for Mod History Secondary Teaching (Honours). I now remember that's where my time went from 2-5pm today... I was checking and changing my results and preferences. I guess ACU for primary teaching is just a distant memory now... oh well. :/

This may be the last time you hear from me until I return to Australia,

Please pray for a super safe travel for Char and I!

Pictures:


How cute???? Until Char said it reminds her of the Bee Movie

Flowers I got to say ty


Oh what's this

Thank goodness it has a hoody,,,,,,, I wouldn't want to get cold

I sniffed it and immediately regretted my decision

I've already packed 5 mugs in my suitcase (all un-bubble wrapped sorry!) but I really wanted this one!!!

cute

Ayyyyye

I may buy this when I'm home

It goes for 5 years tho :/

Cute

They had a board game and I almost bought it :/


wowee the rangeeee


lol Char's booty as she pulls up to the drive in ATM (there are no other places to draw out money, aside from a bank lol classic Americans, need a drive in for the ATM)

lol

Detour!

AHHAHAHA AFTER ALL OF THAT, CHAR COULD'VE GONE HERE

For the family :D

Um I tried to present it nicely? Failed oh well

Cute diner for din din :D

Char's

I'm gonna miss this Rhino!!!!!!!!! :(

Idk guys there mustve been celery in it bc it was spicey as heck




btw we almost hit 3 adorable deer and Em and Char didn't see even though it was on their side and I watched in slow motion holy moly thankfully they just made it to the other side of the road (they were all so cute and young <3 <3)


Kerri bought me a godmother/daughter gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO KIND TY KERRI <3 

look. at. him <3 <3 

So cute <3

I forgot this happened WHY DID PAST ME DO THIS WHY



Videos:

Caught checking out her fave vampire baes from the Originals lol


Mini Itinerary, tomorrow, 4th of Jan (New York time): 

11pm- Em drives us to the bus stop
11:30pm- Catch the usual bus into Port Authority Bus Terminal
12pm- Catch the NYC Explorer Shuttle Bus to JFK
2:30-3pm- Check in (hopefully smoother than before!!)
4pm- Have our romantic date at Maccas in the airport
5pm- Log online, check messages, use up the free 30 mins of wifi
6pm- board flight
6:30pm- take off to LAX
12:30am- arrive at LAX
1:30-2am- re-check in, transfer to Qantas international
2:30am- board flight
4:30pm- arrive at Sydney Airport (this will be 8:30am AEST)
7:30pm- arrive home, crash (this will be 11:30am AEST, 6th of Jan)

I'll be checking my iMessage, emails, Snapchat, and fb messenger (in that order) whenever possible.

I'm terrified for no apparent reason, I just hope it goes smoothly, 

I can't wait to see you all again (and hear Australian accents.... and eat Australian bread......... and drink green tea............and reunite with my bookcase and bed <3 <3 <3),

From Calypso.

0 comments:

Post a Comment